Free Spirits Pack
Hello, visitor! In order to use all of this forum's features, please register or log-in. **You must be a current Free Spirits Pack member in order to register.**

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Spirits Pack
Hello, visitor! In order to use all of this forum's features, please register or log-in. **You must be a current Free Spirits Pack member in order to register.**
Free Spirits Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Animal Drawing Contest

2 posters

Go down

Themes

Animal Drawing Contest  Vote_lcap0%Animal Drawing Contest  Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Animal Drawing Contest  Vote_lcap20%Animal Drawing Contest  Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
Animal Drawing Contest  Vote_lcap40%Animal Drawing Contest  Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Animal Drawing Contest  Empty Animal Drawing Contest

Post  Spirit Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:07 pm

( Also next contest Darkfur 's theme idea will be added )
Hello fellow members as most you know me as the only Spirit in this pack , I bring you a drawing contest !
Every month I will consist of a poll to vote on the theme and then chose an unusual animal. Once in a great will I let you do wolves , dogs , cats , etc.

Rules -
No lineart must be drawn by you
Please try get on time ( you have a whole month )
Have fun ; don't have make it realistic colorings .
FAQ
Darkfur wrote:I have a suggestion for another theme-
Tundra (or very cold areas.)
I have a few questions;

So will this contest begin on the 1st of December after the voting has been completed? Considering there is [roughly] 9 days left until December it would be a good chance for users to vote and make suggestions.
- are backgrounds required in the picture? Or can we do transparency as well ?
- Is the winner decided via poll or will you decide?
- Is there a certain limit to the amount of entries you can enter?
- I know you said it doesn't have to have realistic colorings. But will things such as - accessories, extra hair, unusual colors like bright pink [e.g. - sparkle dogs] be allowed then?
- Is there a certain limit to the size of the picture? (Such as no bigger than like perhaps 1000x1000 pixels.)
- Can pictures be animated?
- Can pictures be 3D sculptures?
- As well do they have to be drawn on paper or can you use your PC and software such as paint?

I think that is all my questions for now. Thanks Smile

Alright i will put your theme up in the poll yet that means everyone will have revote sadly .
-Yes it will start on December 1 , 2010
- No background is required for the entry
- I am thinking having two entries
- "Accessories, extra hair, unusual colors like bright pink" Yes they may be accepted as long you could tell what species it is
- Yes there would be a limit up to 1000x1000 pixels
- One entry may be animated
- They may be hand or made on PC
- Yes they may be 3D sculptures

Last edited by Spirit on Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spirit
Spirit
Inspired
Inspired

Back to top Go down

Animal Drawing Contest  Empty Re: Animal Drawing Contest

Post  Darkfur Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:26 am

I have a suggestion for another theme-
I have a few questions;

So will this contest begin on the 1st of December after the voting has been completed? Considering there is [roughly] 9 days left until December it would be a good chance for users to vote and make suggestions.
- I know you said it doesn't have to have realistic colorings. But will things such as - accessories, extra hair, unusual colors like bright pink [e.g. - sparkle dogs] be allowed then?
- Is there a certain limit to the size of the picture? (Such as no bigger than like perhaps 1000x1000 pixels.)
- As well do they have to be drawn on paper or can you use your PC and software such as paint?

I think that is all my questions for now. Thanks :)
Darkfur
Darkfur
FSP Leader Committee Member
FSP Leader Committee Member

http://winterwolf2.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:21 am

Whew, lots of questions there Darkfur! Looks like we need some more voters- it's going to be close!

Back to top Go down

Post  Spirit Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:36 pm

Darkfur wrote:I have a suggestion for another theme-
I have a few questions;

I think that is all my questions for now. Thanks Smile

Alright i will put your theme up in the poll yet that means everyone will have revote sadly .
-Yes it will start on December 1 , 2010
- No background is required for the entry
- I am thinking having two entries
- "Accessories, extra hair, unusual colors like bright pink" Yes they may be accepted as long you could tell what species it is
- Yes there would be a limit up to 1000x1000 pixels
- One entry may be animated
- They may be hand or made on PC
- Yes they may be 3D sculptures
Spirit
Spirit
Inspired
Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post  Spirit Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:20 am

Alright the theme is Desert with the PupFish !
Due date Jan 1st !
Here is some info about the PupFish the rest you have look up etc.
Description

The Desert Pupfish is a small, silvery-colored fish with 6 to 9 dark bands on its sides. This tiny fish grows to a full average length of only 2.5 inches. Pupfish develop quickly, sometimes reaching full maturity within 2 to 3 months. Although their average life span is 6 to 9 months, some survive more than one year.

Pupfish have a short, scaled head with an upturned mouth. The anal and dorsal fins are rounded with the dorsal sometimes exhibiting a dark blotch. The caudal fin is convex at the rear.

Pupfish feed on brown and green algae. During winter months, when the water is cold, they become dormant, burrowing in the muddy bottom of their habitat.

As spring approaches and the water warms, Pupfish become very active and begin their mating ritual. The breeding males become iridescent blue in color and defend their territory, chasing away all other fish except females that are ready to spawn. Spawning starts towards the end of February and continues through summer.

As temperatures become extreme toward summer, evaporation dries up most pools and streams, resulting in the death of most Pupfish. A few survive in the small number of pools, streams and springs that do not dry up completely.

The various species of Pupfish serve as evidence that a series of prehistoric desert lakes were once interconnected. This genus speciated when these Pleistocene lakes evaporated around 10,000 years ago, isolating different groups from each other. Among the 13 know species of Pupfish, C. macularius and C. diabolis (the Desert Hole Pupfish) are the most well known.

Several species of the Pupfish are endangered by desert development and the introduction of exotic fish species into their habitat. Pupfish are protected at various locations in Death Valley National Park
, including Saratoga Springs, Salt Creek and a totally distinct portion of the park located in Nevada called Devil's Hole. Pupfish can also be seen at California's Anza-Borrego Desert State Park.

-- A.R Royo
Animal Drawing Contest  Devils_Hole_Pupfish_0
Spirit
Spirit
Inspired
Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:56 pm

Ok, so the participant's art must feature a Pupfish from the desert?

Back to top Go down

Post  Spirit Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:49 am

Wyborn wrote:Ok, so the participant's art must feature a Pupfish from the desert?
Indeed it does have have pupfish or it will be rejected.
Spirit
Spirit
Inspired
Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down