Free Spirits Pack
Hello, visitor! In order to use all of this forum's features, please register or log-in. **You must be a current Free Spirits Pack member in order to register.**

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Spirits Pack
Hello, visitor! In order to use all of this forum's features, please register or log-in. **You must be a current Free Spirits Pack member in order to register.**
Free Spirits Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yellowstone Caldera Wolf RP

+2
Darkfur
Silvie
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Yellowstone Caldera Wolf RP - Page 2 Empty Re: Yellowstone Caldera Wolf RP

Post  Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:57 pm

(Oh OK. It won't matter now anyway, but thanks!)

Wyborn's tail levels out behind him. "Easy guys, we don't know if he is actually following us." He continues to stare, his posture tense with alertness. "But still... gonna wait," he mutters to himself as he shifts his large paws into a more comfortable standing position.

Back to top Go down

Post  Addyote Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:24 pm

(Will mention Addyote as Addy instead since it's shorter)

Addy walked purposefully across the terrain, pausing ever so often to sniff the putrid air. Ever since she had been separated from her family, she had searched for a new territory to call home. This place definitely did not look like a good habitat. The ground was black and hardened, as if the sun had charred it beyond recognition. Only a couple green plants stuck up in between the cracks, as though they were just hanging on to life. Nothing stirred, and there was no sign of prey whatsoever. The female wolf stopped and lifted up her paw, noticing that it was bleeding. She had walked a long way so that really was no surprise. Addy stood up once more and continued walking: determined to find out if the landscape sustained any life. In the distance she could spot a group of blurred shapes.
Addyote
Addyote
Sketcher
Sketcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:51 pm

(Hi Addy and welcome to the Yellowstone Caldera Wolf RP! Glad you could join us so soon, however I noticed in your bio your character is a maned wolf. I will allow it though if no one has any objections to it so I am sure you will be OK to continue RPing ^^. Only reason I point it out is because maned wolves are technically not true wolves. So, any objections guys?)

Wyborn's tail swishes slowly. His body remains very still and his gaze never leves the horizon. "It's coming into view now..." he whispers horasely.

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvie Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:35 pm

[Welcome to the RP, Addy!
Eh, since you're right; maned wolves are actually a type of fox, it could get confusing, but that's your choice on what to do with it Wyborn Razz ]

Silvie shifts uncomfortably on her paws, squinting as she tries to make out the exact build and color of the shape following them. Flicking her ears, her tail begins to bristle slightly. "I'm not saying he's going to attack us.." she says slowly, "..but get ready to..to fight..just in case." Twitching a bit, she keeps her gaze locked onto the mysterious shape, aching muscles tightening as she prepares herself for an un-needed fight.

Silvie
FSP Leader Committee Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkfur Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:09 am

[Welcome to the RP Addy C:
The maned wolf sounds ossum-possum. I'm sure nobody will be bothered, considering it is a canine anyway x3]

Darkfur relaxes her position slightly, gazing at the figure. "I agree, if we ain't and this animal has intentional idea to attack us... it might not end well." She replies to Silvie, her muscles tensed up her tail was pointed straight out behind her and ever so slightly flickering ears back and forth.
Darkfur
Darkfur

http://winterwolf2.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvie Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:34 am

Silvie nods slowly, staring down the stony field at the nearing figure with her amber eyes narrowed. "Might not.." she rasps with a small cough as the smoke gets caught in her throat for a moment. Licking her nose, she looks up again, and another rumble of hunger shakes her starved body. With a small groan, her gaze begins to stray hopefully off to other places, ears pricked for any peculiar sound.

Silvie

Back to top Go down

Post  Addyote Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:37 am

(Oops. I forgot to do it in first person since I was so intent on not putting any thoughts O_O. And I can change it to regular wolf if you guys want lawl.)

She continues to walk towards the group of... somethings. They were definitely some kind of life, although they were too far away at the moment to truly tell. As she got closer, she notices that they are actually wolves, like herself. She sighs heavily and wonders if she should approach them or not, for they do not look very friendly at all.

Addy decides not to run away, and continues to approach the group. She was ready to stand her ground.
Addyote
Addyote
Sketcher
Sketcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:52 am

(If its not too much trouble Addy, changing to a wolf might be for the better. I will let you choose though; keep in mind though that a maned wolf wouldn't stand much of a chance if it were to get into conflict with us.)

Wyborn licks his upper lip. He turns his head to either side of him to see how the others are reacting. Facing the now approaching stranger again he whispers in a low growl to the others. "So, what's the plan guys? If it somes to a fight we certainly have the advantage." Wyborn lowers his head to gaze forward at the coming stranger, keeping his expression neutral.

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkfur Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:11 am

"Try to co-operate with this wolf. If not, then.. we will improvise." Darkfur suggested. She stood slightly less tense, a slight smile on her face though she was on her guard. She swished her tail back and forth, waiting for the stranger to approach. Looking at the others, the scarred female waits for a reply to her idea.
Darkfur
Darkfur

Back to top Go down

Post  Addyote Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:14 am

(Meh, decided to change her to a regular wolf)

Addy's blue eyes glint in the sunlight as she continues to approach the group of wolves. After she continues a couple yards, she stops, saying nothing. She takes a look at the wolves and raises her "eye brow", clearly making judgements right in the beginning of meeting them. She stays silent and continues looking the wolves up and down. One was male, the other two females. One of the females had impressive looking scars, but other than that the three didn't look intimidating to her. The female wolf weighs her options. If it came to combat it would probably be best to flee, although this wolf wasn't used to giving up at any fight.
Addyote
Addyote
Sketcher
Sketcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:33 pm

(By the way, the wolf's name is Zinelia)

The lone she-wolf stumbles across the parched ground, wandering aimlessly. Ever since her mother had died two years previously, she hadn't been quite right in the head. She staggers over the cracks in the ground, ignoring the scorching heat. She seems to be going somewhere, but she cannot remember. She cannot even remember her own name.
Far in the distance, but getting closer, she hears howling. It used to mean something to her, but the meaning lays clouded in her brain, shrouded in the mist that permeated everything. It was everywhere, seeping into everything.
As the howling draws nearer, she makes a weakened effete to reach it. Exhausted, she collapses after taking a few steps. She hopes that maybe the howlers will find her, before everything goes black.

Back to top Go down

Post  Spirit Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:03 pm

( finally rping ^^ )

Spirit walks slowly into the territory her ears pinned back as well her tail. She stops seeing no moment yet slowly walks closer into the territory. Spirit is determine to join this pack.
Spirit
Spirit
Inspired
Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvie Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:38 am

[@ Spirit: Hey, we're traveling now, we don't really have a territory, just to let ya know ^^

@ Zinelia: That post was beautiful! You're a really skilled RPer, however Wyborn's rules state not to show the internal thought processes of your wolf, though that's her decision to make on whether you should keep it that way or not :3]

Another rumble of hunger ripples through Silvie, and she draws her attention back to her two packmates and the approaching shape. "I agree with Darkfur," she replies. "I'm not in the right shape to fight...unless I have to," she finishes darkly, with a small cough. With a quick glance around, she narrows her eyes as the smoke raises up around them again, from the nearby geysers.

Then Silvie turns her muzzle to Wyborn's thick-set face, keeping her amber gaze at a respectful position from this strong male. "Where d'you think we're going to find a home?" she asks softly, though not quiet enough to hide her words from Darkfur. Pulling her ears back slightly, she looks back over her shoulder at the ominously approaching shape as it comes ever closer, tensing her muscles ever so slightly.

Silvie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:11 am

(@Silvie: Thanks! I tried to stay away from being omniscient, but it was rather too much so, I admit. Wink)

A lone gray shape lies limply on the ground, twisted as if dead. A vulture flies overhead, lured by the prospect of an easy meal. Alighting by the side of the shape, the vulture prods it experimentally with its beak, hoping it dead.

The she-wolf stirs, causing the bird to fly off, startled. She woozily staggers to her feet, shivering. She glances around, watching for something that she will never see. Her back legs quivering, she sits down. "Wh-where am I?" she whispers into the steamy air, "Who am I?"

When no one answers her query, she begins to limps off in the direction she last heard the howls. For the first time in ages, she has a purpose. She is a shell no longer.

Last edited by Zinelia on Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkfur Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:19 am

Darkfur eyes the stranger suspiciously. Deciding to be the first one to talk she takes a step closer to this stranger. "Hello." She pauses and then continues "My name is Darkfur, we saw you following us. Or happened to be going in the same direction. Is there any reason why so?" She questions. Her fur was ruffled against the wind. As waiting for a reply she gazed beyond the stranger, seeing how far they had come from the chaos.
Darkfur
Darkfur

Back to top Go down

Post  Addyote Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:55 pm

Addy looks at the wolf suspiciously. It was the scarred-covered female.
"Oh, for different reasons. Most the same as yours, I'm assuming." She says, taking a small step forward. "Looking for a new home I suppose."

She looks around. "Although this certainly doesn't look like a good one. And I don't FOLLOW anyone." She says irritatedly.
Addyote
Addyote
Sketcher
Sketcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkfur Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:10 pm

Darkfur snorted. "Ain't we all." She mused. "Well considering we are going in the same direction perhaps you could come with us? It would be safer in larger numbers, not sure about what the other guys think though." She looks back at the others. Waiting to see of what they thought about the idea.
Darkfur
Darkfur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:59 pm

(Yep, no emotions or internal though processes. Only outside actions and descriptions fo your characters physical movments and expressions. Thanks for cathching it Silvie! Don't worry guys, I am not mad or anything. Now you know for next time, right! And Spirit, you need to post a wolf bio in the Pack Roleplay Character Bio's topic in order to officially participate, OK?)

Wyborn waits silently while Darkfur has her say. When the stranger replied he twitched his ear back in slight reaction to her sudden change in tone. When both wolves had finished he opens his mouth wide in a large yawn. With a slight whining sound he closes his mouth. After a muffled snap of his teeth he licks his lips and speaks. "Well, you just said you don't like following. So... whats your plan? Are you going to come along, but not follow us, but be staying pace with us?" his voice hints at an irritated growl but ends in a gruff bark. His dull gold eyes sparkle with tired humor.

Back to top Go down

Post  Addyote Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:03 pm

Addy questions the wolves intentions. Were they really just looking for strength in numbers? She decides there was something more sinister going on, and changes her facial expression to an unreadable one.

"I don't follow." She repeats, "although I may stick around for a bit perhaps, but certainly not long."

The female wolf surveys the area. "If I were you, I don't think this is the best place to stay. Safety in numbers never helps anymore, anyway. I should know." Her eyes narrow.

Her gaze suddenly moves to a figure in the distance. It looked as if it were limping towards them.
"I think we have a visitor."
Addyote
Addyote
Sketcher
Sketcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvie Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:15 pm

[Of course Wyborn, my pleasure :3]

Silvie shifts on her paws, keeping a suspicious gaze fixed on the stranger. It seemed as though this newcomer were slightly invasive, and rather rebellious, as she seemed pretty sure of herself as she calmly walked up to them. "Well at the moment I don't really care who comes with us; perhaps we'll find food and a home if lots of us stick together," she replies, flicking her ears as yet another rumble of hunger echoes from her belly. Then, almost as if she had changed her mind, she narrows her eyes and continues, "Though, then again, we shouldn't trust just anyone."

Following the stranger's relaxed gaze, Silvie squints into the steam as another moving figure came into view. "Oh, not again," she groans irritably, much out of her normal character. "Are we going to have every wolf in Yellowstone over here?"

Silvie

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkfur Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:52 am

Darkfur let out an irratated growl. "I hope not," She replies to Silvie "the more that come the more likely we will be slowed down and prey will have to be shared even more. We might starve because we have so many. Not because we can't find it. We don't have enough food at all to share around."
The female sat down and sighed, her fur was slightly bristling. She waited for the 'visitor' like everybody else. "I swear if any more wolves come after this one...."
Darkfur
Darkfur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:14 pm

Wyborn sighs, sitting with a tired bump. "Well duh," he mutters to himself. But as he stares at the ground his brow furrows and his eyes gaze unfocused at the uneven ground. His ears remain alert for any sounds of the strangers approach.

Wyborn suddenly speaks, breaking his trance to look tot he horizon. "I will leave. Darkfur's right, we might not make it together. Strange as that sounds." He comes to his paws, his eyes shifting from face to face.

Back to top Go down

Post  Atropine Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:18 am

[I'll try get back into this roleplay (:]

Atropine sauntered across the rocky terrain, keeping a wide birth from herself and the group of wolves. She didn't know exactly where they presided, however it was near enough to keep caution. Her ears flattened as various noises unsettled her, tail curving around her haunches in an attempt to make herself less obvious to any potential predators. The harsh wind ruffled her fur, exposing the darker guard hairs, however Atropine remained resilient and continued to trek forward. Eventually she stopped, taking refuge underneath an overhanging rock. Shuffling further into the shadows Atropine curled up and preserved her body warmth.
Atropine
Atropine
Impressionist

Back to top Go down

Post  Addyote Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:35 pm

"Nor does one loner trust anyone she meets." Addy replies to the white female wolf with a flick of the tail. "And your friend here has a point." The female wolf says pointedly. "Whatever you call 'strength in numbers' means more wolves to look out for and more energy to waste. Besides, if others hear of your group they will come as well... for they also believe in the lie of strength in numbers. I saw multiple more loners coming for this territory from unknown lands along with the one we see now. However I digress."

The brown wolf adjusts the way she is standing on the harsh terrain and looks out, surveying the land behind the wolves she is facing. The land looks no different then anywhere else in this place: just black terrain with small plants sticking up through cracks. Nothing looked promising.
Addyote
Addyote
Sketcher
Sketcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvie Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:06 am

Silvie drew herself up slightly, not noticing Wyborn. "Though at the same time prey will not be caught if we have no one to catch it. However, you are right-" she dipped her head in acknowledgement, "-in the sense that strength in numbers quickly falls apart when there are just too many wolves in one place. There won't be any prey left at all if that happens..besides, I don't really feel like having to greet every single darn wolf out there," she finished, ears twitching in annoyance, hunger speaking for itself.

Silvie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next